Our client is the world’s leading pre-owned and third party maintenance provider for networking and data center equipment. Headquartered in the US, with offices in 12 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia, they are reshaping the IT industry by challenging the OEMs and their outdated end-of-life (EoL) policies. These EoL policies are forcing end-users to waste millions of dollars in unnecessary and premature technology refreshes. By disrupting the status quo and debunking EoL myths, we give control back to the end-user, giving them more choice and freedom over how they procure, maintain, and when they refresh their technology assets.
The Japan Office is currently looking for Field Engineer (FE) that performs delivery of service functions as required by our customers’ needs. FE ensures that the repair of customer equipment, and that it is ultimately functional according to the original manufacturer’s specifications. Responds to “after hours” emergency service requests. Tests and inventories all spare parts and systems in the local office. Customer Satisfaction is the primary goal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responds to customer service requests within the contracted response time.
• Field service engineers are to be prepared.
o Checks with customer contact for equipment symptoms
o Brings all required spares plus whole unit replacement whenever possible.
• Analyzes, diagnoses and repairs customer reported problems.
• Keeps the local Manager informed of service problems progress by calling within
an hour of arriving on site with status.
• Follows all escalation procedures as outlined in the company policy.
• Provides technical support to peer field service engineers.
• Polls customers after the completion of service calls to ensure that the call was
done professionally, to their satisfaction, and in a timely fashion. Reports
information to his Manager as needed.
• Works to keep repeat calls to a minimum.
• Preventive Maintenances are to be performed according to the schedule.
• Site Audits are to be done according to policy and utilizing our in-house tool.
• Assists in preparing zero spare analysis reports for new contracts and submits
them to their Manager for review prior to the start of a contract.
• Discusses call procedures and proposed resolutions with the Manager prior to all
service calls to ensure that calls are being handled in accordance with company
• Returned parts from customer sites are to be tagged, tested and a decision is to
be made on their disposition.
• Orders spare parts as required to maintain stocking levels and timely parts
• Reviews inventory reports and ‘Field Returns’ daily.
• Stage, test and install customer ordered equipment.
• Possess a full understanding of customer service philosophy and procedures of
• Familiarity with system installation, hardware replacement procedures and
• Expected to perform after-hours standby
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in business level Japanese
• Willing to work on weekends
• Thrives in a fast-paced collaborative environment
• Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems
• Effective with time management and prioritization
• Flexible attitude and ability to adapt to changing priorities
• Strong organizational skills
• Enjoys working on teams
• Effective communication skills via face-to-face communication, email and phone
• Self-starter, demonstrates initiative and commitment.
Professional Qualities and Experience:
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Technology, or equivalent work related experience
• A minimum 2 years of experience in field service
• Thorough product knowledge and skills in hardware and operating systems for any of the following products:
o EMC Storage
o Hewlett-Packard ProLiant servers
o Hewlett-Packard Storage
o Dell PowerEdge servers
o Dell Storage
• Ability to interpret and diagnose system error logs
• Ability to be persuasive with customers, keeping “customer satisfaction” as a guiding factor
• Good written and verbal communication skills in English & Japanes