【Bilingual Network Engineer】
One of our global IT companies looks for an agile Network engineer responsible for the deployment and support of one of the world largest and most complex network. . As a member of this team, you will have a unique opportunity to be involved in projects related to deployment & scaling of the data center and edge network of its company.
NETWORK ENGINEER, DEPLOYMENT & SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support build activities including design, build, configuration and migration in large scale production optical network that span long haul terrestrial, regional metros, interconnecting data centers and Point of Presence (POP) sites in APAC region.
- Calculate and document equipment power requirements and work with Engineering, Facilities Operations, and/or collocation vendors to meet these requirements.
- Manage project timelines to support network turn-up within expected completion intervals.
- Create network and server rack face elevations, floor plans, wiring diagrams, and detailed port maps for new deployments and documentation.
- Create statements of work for vendors at the POP sites.
- Create cage and rack designs and understand the overall needs of POP infrastructure.
- Follow, improve, and implement data center and POP best practices
- Work closely with Network Engineering, Logistics, and equipment vendors as new equipment and technologies are integrated into the production network.
- Use internal tools and scripts to configure, monitor, and repair servers and network equipment
- Detect and diagnose various error/failure conditions across an array of server types.
- Carry out circuit troubleshooting and fault isolation through the use of telecom test sets and tools
- 4+ years of operational experience in optical and electrical transport networks including DWDM equipment, optical testing, IP networking equipment, optical measurement principles, WDM experience with photonic layer.
- 3+ years of related work experience in designing, deployment and operating large-scale network infrastructure
- Must have an understanding of datacenter network architecture and common issues related to datacenter networks.
- Solid understanding of fiber-optic technology including cable types, connector types, optic types, patch panels, and optical transport technologies.
- Hands-on experience with optical communication equipment including optical amplifiers, coherent transponders and other WDM equipment
- Experience of managing transport network using network management system tools for monitoring and trouble shootings of own network.
- Knowledgeable in Data center practices (i.e. cable routing, calculating power usage and cooling).
- Experience with field-based work in POPs, carrier hotels, or Central Office environments.
- Experience with Enterprise and Service Provider network hardware platforms and architectures including Cisco and Juniper routers/switches and Nexus data center switching platforms.
- Proficiency in Linux operating system
- Excellent communication skills, should be able to work with carriers remotely