【Bilingual Network Engineer】
Overview of the role:
Our client, a very popular social media and networking service company based in California is looking for a skilled network engineer to join their growing APAC team. This role requires constant communication with members in Hong Kong, Singapore (APAC HQ) and Japan, to help support all 7 different countries.
The role will be mostly based (70%) at the main office in Ark hills with flexibility to work from home from time to time. It also requires some traveling between Datacenters (Tokyo Pops/Chiba Pops) and occasionally to offices outside of Japan. Weekend work is also possible depending on the situation but not very often.
- Sustain the necessary data throughput rate by monitoring networking activity and maintaining existing equipment
- Maintain the company phone system and work closely with the phone service provider to keep the lines active
- Respond to network connectivity issues and resolve any wireless communication issues within the confines of the office
- Update the network maintenance manual and submit a summary of changes to the manual each week to management
- Collaborate with third-party support and service vendors to ensure that the network stays operational.
- Cage builds and equipment installation according to an engineering design plan.
- Rack builds, racking and stacking of equipment according to site elevation diagrams.
- Cabling and labeling according to diagrams. (Copper cabling installation and testing)
- Single and multimode fiber optic cable installation and testing, labelling properly.
- Circuit audits (trace end-to-end or observe run based on label).
- Circuit migrations (moving cables to another patch panel port or equipment port) based on a migration plan– it includes provisioning or troubleshooting the links.
- Equipment transfers between Locations. Limited to small equipment weighting up to 1Kg. Movement of heavier equipment will incur additional labor and freight costs.
- Count cables, optics and other types of equipment.
- Insert line-cards and/or optics and identify different types of line cards and optics based on description or pictures.
- Install and replacing by RMA up to 2U equipment, based on demand. And proper RMA process completion based on instruction.
- Cage and room observations and inspections- Cleaning of cage and rack enclosures.
- Instruction manuals and/or deployment as well as Deployment/decommissioning reports in to be written in English.
- knowledge of Ethernet transport technologies and optical transport systems.
- Experience designing, installing and operating IP, OADM & ROADM DWDM systems.
- Knowledge of Juniper, Ciena, Infinera, Cisco, Arista and ZPE systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot optical transport issues using OTDR, OSA, BERT, and optical power meters.
- CCNA/JNCIA & CCIE/JNCIE level and experience. (Nice to have)
- Excellent communication skills. (Ability to communicate in both Japanese and Englished preferred)
- Teamwork oriented. Experience working in an international environment.
- Bilingual (Japanese and English)
- Eligible for driving in Japan
Company type: Global IT compnay
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. -->