With US$282 billion under management, our client is one of Asia's largest asset managers, providing high-conviction, active fund management across a range of Equity, Fixed Income, Multi-Asset and Alternative strategies. In addition, its complementary range of passive strategies covers more than 20 indices and includes some of Asia's largest exchange-traded funds (ETFs). Headquartered in Asia since 1959, the firm represents nearly 200** investment professionals and over 25 nationalities across 11 countries. More than 300 banks, brokers, financial advisors and life insurance companies around the world distribute the company's products. Purpose Statement The Data Infrastructure Group in the Global Data Systems and Solutions Department (GDSS) is responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance and support of globally aligned information systems that house commonly shared fund and investment related data, such as fund and account attributes, holdings, transactions, market data, as well as risk/performance metrics. The team receives data from different sources (internal and external), manages them as Data Steward across multiple applications, and publishes them to users and downstream systems globally.
The team is seeking a self-motivated and highly organized person with excellent analytical, technical and communication skills to support business needs for data. This involves the implementation of an EDM (enterprise data management) solution and support of systems under the purview of the GDSS department. The role includes the following:
- Support the design and development of the EDM solution by reviewing the existing internal data infrastructure, identifying data sources, inputs, data flows, and advising on the optimal structure of the target solution.
- Collaborate with global data and IT teams as well as data stewards to understand, define and document data requirements and the proposed database solutions+
- Have an end-to-end vision on how a logical data model design will translate into physical data model and integration solutions through the layered architecture within the EDM solution.
- Establish global regulations for operating the EDM solution with firm-wide operations and drive the transition to the new operating model.
- Prepare specifications and related implementation artefacts such as workflow diagrams, use cases, test scenarios, and status reports.
- Coordinate with vendor teams with regards to the EDM solution development, testing and deployment
- Evaluate datasets for consistency, completeness, and accuracy.
- Develop process improvements for data management activities.
- Provide support to production workflows such as monitoring of batch jobs and incident management Work with internal stakeholders to implement and enforce procedures and policies for efficient data management with attention to all technical aspects+
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Familiar with design patterns, domain driven design and other software development best practices
- Knowledge in Data Management and Project Management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Business level proficiency in both Japanese and English
Experience and Qualification
- At least 5 years hands-on back-end development experience with exposure to full SDLC
- Relational database experience, e.g., MS SQL Oracle and data modelling
- Experience working in the asset management industry, and understanding of fund-related data (holdings, transactions, AUM, returns, benchmarks, etc)
- Operational experience as a Data Steward
- Prior experience in development and implementation of EDM solution will be advantageous.