Our client is looking for a top-level global network engineering subject matter expert in one or more highly specialized areas of network architecture, design, optimization, and support systems (LAN/WAN, remote access, and data center communications) across the enterprise.
Architects, plans, designs, engineers, deploys and provides Tier 3 support for the Enterprise:
- Network infrastructure across the multiple business functions and locations
- Network security infrastructure (firewalls, VPN)
- Remote access methods including IPSEC and SSL VPN
- Data Center Engineering including all IDFs and cabling infrastructure
- Provides network engineering team leadership in areas of expertise.
- Together with global team researches on latest technologies and best practices in specific areas to develop designs including security, availability and performance
- Performs advanced tests and documents best practices, including plans upgrade and path deployments
- Function tests new solutions and tool releases and fixes, including compatibility testing and documentation of steps and issues.
- Plans and executes broad resolutions to recurring problems and regulatory changes
- Resolves complex problems (Tier 3 support) utilizing structured troubleshooting tools and techniques after escalation on within technical area of responsibilities
- Interfaces with vendors (Cisco, Palo Alto, etc.) on complex systems problems.
- Interfaces directly with vendors, operations staff, peers, application developers and management, as needed.
- Handles complex communication with technical and business partners
- Represents team on major collaborative efforts for key IT and company initiatives.
- Creates high level and detailed analyses, project plans, and other related documentation and procedures.
- Proactively identifies technical and procedural areas of concern to avoid gaps and problems.
- Serves as a project lead or project representative on a single phase or on multiple phases of one or more projects.
- Prepare network proposals with financial impact on hardware, software, and FTEs.
- Partners with application development, operations and customers to identify needs, opportunities and solutions, for example using advanced features
- Acts as a point of contact for global teams to ensure local and global best practice align
- Establishes and updates local standards and best practice within own technical area
- Partners with engineering, operations and security teams to modernize policies, rules and processes
- Train, mentor, and provide technical guidance to junior associates on network topics.
- Manages inbound requests to the team within technical area
TYPICAL EXPERIENCE AND KEY COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor's degree in IT related discipline (or equivalent work experience) required.
- 4-8 years’ experience in all phases of network design, installation, and maintenance in voice/data telecommunications network technology.
- A broad general knowledge of network operations, network security, storage network designs.
- Extensive technical knowledge of voice/data network hardware and software, infrastructure and design, topologies and protocols.
- Has the motivation and ability to carry out complex problem-solving to resolution.
- Pays attention to details and ensures accuracy and high quality.
- Communicates effectively within the engineering team and with other technical and business teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Japanese.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to effectively convey concepts to business and technology peers as well as senior management.
- Highly motivated to learn new technologies and evaluate its application.
- Clean, well-organized and able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple large, complex projects in a team setting as a facilitator and team member.
- Able to configure Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper, and other network devices at all levels.
- Hold an active network related certification such as:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Data Center
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing and Switching
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Routing and Switching
- Palo Alto Networks - Accredited Configuration Engineer (ACE)
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Administrator (PCNSA)
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE)