IT Infrastructure Project Manager
- The Project Manager for IT Infrastructure Service Delivery Projects works side-by-side in a bilingual environment with Infrastructure engineering and IT operations teams to help design, coordinate and manage infrastructure projects to deliver new innovative solutions for our organization. The Project Manager will focus on:
- End-to-end Project Management and project life cycle
- Vendor and staff management
- Project Coordination
- Project Risks and resiliency assessments
- Streamlining the Project processes across various functional entities
- Creating and tracking Schedules, project documents and project deliverables
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives through obstacles and time constraints to successfully deliver a project to completion.
- Delivers solutions through building consensus in business, technical, and vendor perspectives.
- Management of project virtual team - creation, coordination, motivation.
- End to end management of project budget - estimation and sourcing.
- End to end management of project schedule - creation of WBS, coordination and tracking of tasks.
- Management of project scope - requirement clarification, build and operationalization.
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, including outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.
- Clearly communicate and document each stage of the project lifecycle process.
- Evaluate project performance and identify potential risks.
- Influences the work of others to drive projects to successful completion through effective project management and IT coordination among teams.
- Ability to provide direction and facilitate information to drive the team decision-making process.
- 5+ years of hands-on technology project management experience for IT Infrastructure service delivery under multicultural environment.
- Experience of hands-on operations of IT infrastructure services in large enterprise systems.
- Experience of working in Finance, Insurance and/or IT industry.
- Experience in project execution in Waterfall and Agile process.
- Communication Skills:
- Business level fluency in Japanese and English
- Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project/program management.
- Knowledge of IT service management processes and tool.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Knowledge of configuration item of IT infrastructure: Network, OS – Windows, Linux & Mainframe, Database, Storage, Hyper visor, DNS, Firewall, Cloud, CI/CD, Containers.
- Knowledge of non-functional requirements: Availability, BCP/DR, RTO/RPO, Backup/Archive, Response Time, Access Control, Capacity Planning, Maintenance Window.