About Who We Are
Our core mission is to bring a revolution in the way millions of people make fast payments. Creating and providing an error/bug-free, scalable payment platform is very complex, so things happen very fast every day at this company. This is such an encouraging and challenging environment!
Our team is composed of people from different cultures, backgrounds, knowledge and skills mingled and working together to build the best platform from scratch which makes it very exciting.
You will be working on a fun, energetic and a once-in-a-lifetime environment that will enable you to achieve your best possible outcome in your career, to be behind the payment revolution that has fundamentally changed the Japanese commerce and payments landscape. Are you ready to take this challenge?
We are looking for a Software Engineer to work on our payment system to deliver the best payment experience for our Japanese customers.
Our ideal candidate is a problem solver and a learner at heart. You should have a very high degree of comfort in a programming language of your choice. We offer a flexible work schedule and you get your choice of tools (both hardware and software) and most importantly, the opportunity to work on tough problems with the brightest minds around you.
• Design large scale systems with high complexity to support our high throughput applications.
• Understand how to leverage infrastructure for solving such large scale problems.
• Develop tools and contribute to open source wherever possible.
• Adopt problem solving as a way of life – always go to root cause! Support the code you write in production.
• Experience in using Java under professional environment, or if you are non-Java user, excellent skills in generalized programming languages, such as Scala, Python and Go.
• Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
• Experience with NoSQL databases and distributed cache.
• Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and object oriented programming.
• In-depth understanding of concurrency and distributed computing.
• Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or 5+ years equivalent experience in SaaS platform development.
• Experience with implementing platform components such as RESTful APIs, Pub/Sub Systems, Database Clients.
• Experience with AWS services.
• Experience in working for system development in finance, payment, or similar industries
• Experience in system design, development of web system which handles massive amount of transactions or requires scalability
• Language ability in Japanese and English is a plus (We have a professional translator but it is nice to have language skills)
• Experience in microservices
Location / 勤務地
Minato-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN